3 14-year-old boy among 15 killed in gunfire in Chicago since Friday night – NBC Chicago
Three people have been killed and one 14-year-old boy among 15 others injured by gunfire in Chicago since 5:00 p.m. Friday
- One person was killed and a 14-year-old boy was injured in a shooting in Pullman on the Far South Side on Friday night. A 14-year-old boy stopped two policemen around 7:00 p.m. and told them that he and his brother were in the 11100 block of South Doty Avenuesaid the Chicago police. Police followed the teenager about two blocks and found another person who was shot, police said. That person, a man whose age was not immediately known, was taken to the University of Chicago Medical Center, where he later died, police said. His name was not published. The teenager was rushed to Comer Children’s Hospital with a gunshot wound on his wrist, police said. It was listed in good condition.
- Hours later, early Saturday morning, a man was fatally shot and killed at a red light in Old Irving Park on the Northwest Side. The 35-year-old man was stopped at a red light around 3 a.m. 4700 block of West Irving Park Road When someone opened fire in a black SUV and hit him in the chest and right side, police said. Then he collided with a parked car one block away, the police said. He was taken to the Illinois Masonic Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, police said. His name has not yet been published.
- A 54-year-old woman was shot dead on a sidewalk in Austin on the West Side Saturday afternoon. She was outside at around 4:45 p.m. 4800 block of West Gladys Avenue when someone shot her in the stomach, the police said. She was taken to Mount Sinai Hospital, where she was later pronounced dead, police said. She was identified as Melinda Crump by the Cook County Medical Examiner.
- In non-fatal attacks, two people were shot dead on Friday evening while leaving a restaurant on the Near North Side. The man and woman left a restaurant at around 9:30 p.m. 400 block on North Wabash Avenue when someone got out of a white Audi and fired shots, the police announced. The couple ran back to the restaurant to take cover, according to police. The 22-year-old man suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the body and was rushed to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in critical condition, police said. The 24-year-old woman was hit in the thigh and was admitted to the same hospital in good condition.
- A passenger was shot and injured in an attempted car theft in North Austin on the northwest side on Saturday evening. At around 10:45 p.m., the passenger, a 22-year-old man, and the driver of the car were approached by two armed men at a red light in the city 1200 block of North Laramie Avenuethe police said. As the driver sped away, one of the perpetrators opened fire and hit the passenger in the neck and shoulder, the police said. He was taken to Mount Sinai, where he was in good condition, the police said.
At least eleven others have been injured in shootings in Chicago since Friday night.
Three people were killed and one 16-year-old boy among 24 others was shot injured in Chicago last weekend.